1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy blower motor problem???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ABES, Aug 13, 2007.

1. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

when i was driving my truck the other day with the a/c on full blast all of a sudden it cut out completely then i realized it only worked on high and then not all the time. the a/c and heater are fine. has anyone else had this problem with there chevys??? i am starting to think i bumped a wire of something when i installed my new sterio the other day. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

i will take a look into it this weekend
    thanks for the help

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

By the sounds of it, it does sound like the blower resister as their a failure prone part on the GM's. When you go to the dealer there may be some confusion on which part you actually need if the parts guy isn't too sharp as GM has several different technical names for the same part. Ask them for a "blower resister" or a "blower control module".

5. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

ya B&B ive had my fair share of idiot parts guys the o reily in town there all a bunch of little honda driving punks my one friend ordered a new fuel pump for his F-150 they gave him one for a chevy :dizzy: ... thats why i like to go to junkyards to get parts because you always learn how to take apart a different truck that you dont care about and you know you are getting the right part.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That's an excellent way to get some hands on experience before tackling the job on your own truck:D . One other thing to check while your in there working on the resister...check the wire connector where it plugs into the resister..they have a nasty habit of melting the pins and the plastic body.

7. Prof Touch L&L

Prof Touch L&L Member

had this problem on an Alero we had, so far nothing on my silverado!!

8. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS Senior Member

its the resistor for sure i had the same problem . the part is about $37 if i remember correctly

9. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

just replaced the resistor on mine this week, fairly common problem

10. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

well it ended up being the hvac module that and a transmission service cost me about $400.