1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy Avalanche

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by GLS, Dec 31, 2001.

1. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Does anyone plow using Chevy's new Avalanche? I saw a 3/4 ton Avalanche the other day...and I thought that a 2500 Avalanche would be better than a 1500 Silverado. If anybody uses an Avalance 2500 for plowing, how does it work? Any problems?

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i believe it on a suburban frame so it would handle simarlily to that

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I wouldnt think plowing would be a problem with the avalanche,it is the same wheelbasr as a full size reg cab,long box,so it should handle the same.The avalanche has got to be the ugliest thing Gm has ever produced.,the idea is not bad though.

4. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Well, John I usually agree with you but I have to say that the Pontiac Aztec is GM's ugliest.

Bruce

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I think the Buick Rendeveau(sp) is even uglier than the Aztek, although they are basiscally the same.
    I didnt know the Avalanch had a 2500 series. I would think the biggest issue would be installing the plow frame around/under/through the front bumper surround.
    Dino

6. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I agree the chevy avalanche is ugly anong with that pontiac aztec and its counter part over at buick.What was Gm thinking of I like the looks as well as the convience ,The designers say they get these looks from what we want nobuddy called me how about any one else lol.

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

The avalanche will be available in a 2500 with the 8100 as an option.I heard Chevy's new ad campain for the avalanche will not be "like a rock",instead it will be "like a pepsi bottle".

8. plowking35

from SE CT

And we all know what can happen when you mix pop rocks and pepsi.

9. steveair

steveair Senior Member

you get britney spears?

10. plowking35

from SE CT

Well actually that works alot better, but I was thinking of back in the 80's when the urban ledgend of "Mikey" from the life cereal commercials was rumored to have died when his stomach exploded from such a mixture.
    Dino

11. gotgetter

gotgetter Banned

I don't know about Mikey, but people did die from that mixture.

And I like the look of the Avelanche. But that Aztec is uuugggllyy! My sister like the Aztec!
    Different strokes for different folks I guess.

12. nrn51983

nrn51983 Junior Member

Avalanche Plow

Just A quick thought...Whose plowing snow with a $40,000 truck? (Dare I call it that) I need to get to know this guy better...

13. GLS

GLS Senior Member

I do not, and will not plow with a $40,000 truck...I was just wondering if anybody did. I do not have that kind of money, and if I did, I wouldn't buy the Avalanche.

14. nrn51983

nrn51983 Junior Member

I tell you what I went to Lujack's (Screwjack's) the other day and I about fell over at the cost of some of those things. I don't like ford but at least you can still get a base model 3/4 ton under 20K. Lujack's wouldn't even order one for me the way I wanted it. I want it 3/4 or 1 ton, long box, auto trans, 2wd, with vinal interior and a rubber floor. (not carpet) no a/c or radio. They said they couldn't do that because they wouldn't make any money on the sale. I said that was fine I can go to Lindquist.

15. GLS

GLS Senior Member

I hate Lujacks...try going to Mills. I think there's a good dealer up in Maqoqeta too from what i've heard.

16. chrizbie

chrizbie Junior Member
    from NY

Just a heads up. I just bought a Boss plow for my 2000 Silverado and I asked about the avalanche The dealer said that there is no plow for the avalanche and also said that Chevy didn't want that vehicle to be able to plow. I guess other Manufacturers might make one, but that's what I was told. FYI

17. chevroletwizard

chevroletwizard Junior Member
    from indiana

that has got to be the worst looking thing on the road. but each their own. if you are near indiana and interested in a new ford, kenny vice in ladoga In . speacializes in work trucks and sells lower than anyone

18. 87ChevySilvrado

87ChevySilvrado Junior Member

Avalanche And Aztek = Poop

they avalanche and Aztek are both of the most ugliest Suv's/Truck's Made I Just Wanna Get Like Monster Truck Tires And Plow Over The Damn Things!

P.S Brittany Spears It Hot ;P

19. GLS

GLS Senior Member

I agree the avalanche & aztek are hitious, the Aztek is pretty much just an SUV (SRV actually)...I hear that the 2002 chevy trucks are going to have the front ends of an avalanche (GMC stays the same)! If that is true, I will be buying a GMC, although there isn't much of a difference.

Ryan

20. Avalanche Owner

Avalanche Owner Junior Member

2500 is great..and it plows...

Who says the 2500 Avalanche can't plow?? B.S.

I just bought one...I love it...
    Gotta love the big block...350 hp and it gets 21mpg

Snowplow prep package is an option...

Chevy sales materials include pictures of the 2500 with a western plow...

and I paid less than 30K for it...loaded.....

Does it really matter what the front looks like if you're gonna put a plow on it??? besides...with the big block most people only see the back of it....