1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy Avalanche with a plow anyone?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DERBYDON, Aug 28, 2008.

1. DERBYDON

DERBYDON Member

Anyone running a snowplow on a Chevy Avalanche?

I'm adding a new truck this winter. Here in Louisville plowing is obviously secondary to mowing but I would still like to have the option.

This will be my personal vehicle and I'm turning my 2500HD over to my crew leader, so I really want to get a vehicle I want and that I can use for family vacations, pulling boat, etc.

The truck will be used primarily for pulling fertilizer sprayer and landscape trailer.

And by the way, I have a used rear mount plow I bought a few years ago I guess I can always mount if nothing else works.

Derbydon

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Sno-Way has applications for the Avalanche.

http://www.snoway.com

I see by your signature that you already own one of our plows. We appreciate your business.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What model plow do you have?

4. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

We put one on a 2004 (i believe) Avalanche that a customer had on a 2001 chevy 2500. The Avalanche was a 2500 series with a 8.1 Litre engine. It was a 7.5 western Uni-mount. Used the 6 relay wiwing harness. Evem put a Trynex 6000 salt spreader in the back. Now that was a tight fit. JOHN

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  5. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

I dont have 1 but have seen a few 2500's with fisher blades, wether they were 7.5ft or 8ft I'm not sure. What yr. Avalanche??

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Been there and done that with a 8' pro plus with wings on a 2500 avalance. Also a 7.5 midweight on a 1500 version.

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i seen meyers and fisher and westerns on 1500 2500

8. andym1996

andym1996 Junior Member

Just bought a 04 Avalanche 2500 i intend on mounting my 8' Western on. The truck has the cladding, so there will be some cutting :cry: but should work well! I am looking forward to trying it this year. I dont think it will do the job my Duramax did, but should get the job done!

ill post pictures in a week or two once i have it mounted.
    Andy

9. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Lots of Avalanches here in the northeast with Fishers. Even the 1500 series handles the 7.5 nicely

10. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

i was i could put a 7'6'' mm2 on my avalanche but all fisher offers is a homesteader.

11. andym1996

andym1996 Junior Member

Got the mount on, getting frustrated with the wiring, after talking to jerre and western tech, i think i have got it... Should be up and running tonight!

Picture of the mount for now!

IMG_1465.jpg

12. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Same chassis as a 1/2 ton or am I wrong? There are a few new Escalades around here with plows so I would assume there are atleast a few options. Call the local dealer, find out.

I would put that 7.5 on the Avalanche and do something bigger on your HD

13. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Escalades with plows? I remember a few years back someone posting pics of Escalades with sno-ways in Colorado. What kinda plows on the Caddy's near you?

As for Avalanche's with plows, ive seen a few with Westerns and Fishers around home during the winter, seem to work pretty well.

14. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

There is one forsale in holland where I live. I think the guy wants 16000 for it, with a new western on it. Its the half ton modle truck, and a 7'6'' plow. Not sure on the year tho?

15. VBR

VBR Member

Western said the same thing for my truck too, so take what the quick match says with a grain of salt.

16. A.R.C.SR

A.R.C.SR Junior Member
    from IL

I have 2007 chevy avalanche with Western HTS on it and it works great. The only thing I'm trying to figure out if I gona put timbrens on or put a leveling kit on.

17. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Way to revive a 2 year old thread