1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy Auxilary roof light connector?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by 20Silverado05, Jan 19, 2010.

1. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

I know i have one in my truck and the connector is somewhere in the headliner. Has anyone got acess to this? Where is it? I have a 2005 2500hd extended cab by the way.
    Thanks for any help.

2. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

There isn't any connector. You have two blunt cut wires, one green and one black. They usually are taped to the relay harness which is above the front map lights.

3. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

4. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

It's somewhere up there. The wires are taped up as the trucks roll along the assembly line, and seems to be no exact location from truck to truck. It's above the headliner tho for sure, look for a brown and a black wire

5. SafetyLighting

My apologies, I forgot they changed them in 2007. Here is the excerpt from GM:

6. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

A couple of threads (or more) here have a link to the GM Upfitters site. They have a big list of stuff by year and model. I found two pages, with drawings, under "2003 & Beyond Light Duty C/K Full-Size Truck Electrical."
    Does yours have the push-button switch on the dash, just to the right of the heater/defroster controls?

7. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

Yes it has the button on the dash . I just wanted some insight on where the wires are before i start taking apart the headliner.

8. Maine_Train

Okay, that Left-Hand B-Pillar thing should get you to where you need to go. The relay is down toward the bottom of the pillar.

9. SafetyLighting

Depending on what you are doing, you don't have to drop the headliner. Just remove the dome light and you should be able to get the wires.

10. JJSLandscape

JJSLandscape Member

has anyone else had a problem with the switch NOT working when you hook something up to it. I ahve 2 identical 2500hds, ext cab, and when I wired up the first one to my whelen bar everything worked fine. Today, I'm wiring up the second truck the exact same way, and not getting any power at the light.

11. SafetyLighting

What type of light bar are you using?

12. Maine_Train

I'd go for the "easy" stuff first:
    1. 30-Amp SEO 2 fuse, in the Underhood Electrical Center
    2. Something disconnected from the relay, which is located in the left B-Pillar.

13. SafetyLighting

Also, what years are the trucks?

14. JJSLandscape

JJSLandscape Member

Whelen LED Guardian, the truck that is working correctly is a 2004, the one I cant get to work is a 2003

15. SafetyLighting

Ok, as Maine Train said, check the SEO2 fuse underhood.

16. SafetyLighting