1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 6 liter 1/2 ton?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by trevier, Jun 27, 2011.

1. trevier

trevier Senior Member

I'm thinking of ordering a 6 liter in the 1/2 ton version, I have a 2007 5.3 liter as of now, but I would lover to get a 6 liter to get that more hp and torque for towing my enclosed trailer, 16ftr, I want to stick with the 1/2 tom for the ride I don't want to go back to a 3/4 ton I drove one of those for 10 years, anybody drive one of these, what kind of power could I expect, thanks matt

2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

According to Chevy's website, you cna order the 5.2 liter gasser on half ton trucks...403hp.

Thats alot of factory, fully warranteed whallop. Adds $2400 to the bottom line.

3. trevier

trevier Senior Member

that's what I meant, the 6.2 liter, I can't see it costing another 2400 though, that's outragous,

4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Your getting close to diesel power for 1/4 the cost... How can u go wrong?

5. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Friend of mine has the 6.2 and loves it! Its like buying a diesel man, its more up front but its also worth more when you decided to get rid of it.

6. Squires

Squires Senior Member

thats over and above the 4.8L price, not the 5.3L
    the option in canada is over $3000 and our dollar is on par or above right now :realmad:

7. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

my cousin has a '09 gmc crew 1/2ton with the 6.2 that truck is a monster! she really moves.

8. Squires

Squires Senior Member

i believe for 09 it would have the 6.0 vortec max which was impressive in itself, and the 2011 has the 6.2 available which was formally only available in the denali and escalade family of vehicles.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

the power without the weight. Now you can run more blade :D

10. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

But also without the fuel economy of a deisel...bummer.

Go for it! Bet you can get the dealer to work on the price with you...nobody pays MSRP.

Its odd though, the base engine in the 1500 is the 4.8, but I didn't see an engine option for the 5.3. Maybe I missed it in the list.

Adding the 6.2 also replaced the old 4 speed automatic with the fancy new 6 speed and the 6.2 is an aluminum block motor versus the 4.8's iron block. I bet it weighs about the same, but you've got 101 more hp and 110 mote ft-lb of torque.

This is a no brainer.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  11. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

no, it is a 6.2 non-denali crew cab 4x4

http://www.insideline.com/gmc/acadia/2009/2009-gmc-whats-new-for-2009.html