1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy 6.5 turbo

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by tmathy, Apr 12, 2002.

1. tmathy

tmathy Junior Member

I am thinking about buying a 1997 chevy 3500,
    6.5 Turbo-Diesel4x4
    68,000 air tilt cruise
    15,000lbs gvw
    central hydraulics with electric valves
    9'2" Boss V plow
    tailgate sand/ salter
    2yd tipper with fold down sides
    well kept service reports
    asking 27k
    how is that 6.5

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I like mine the HP is 190 on the '97 but watch out for the injection pump is the new style or that you have the extended warrenty with it it who ever owns it should have it .other than that it is a great engine.if you do get it i can fax you a copy of the one that i got from GM on it.

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Very nice HD truck,the engine is its weak link.Some of them are OK,and last a long time,Ive seen way to many trucks,just a few yrs old with new engines,due to engine problems.The Pump problems were mostly on 94-97's,but some 98-00's have had them too.My dad had a 6.5it was fine,my uncle has 2 of them,his 96,and a 00,they both have been great,the 96 has 105+K,hard miles,and runs perfect,its had 3 starter motors,and one injection pump,but it gets run hard,and the hours it has are more in line with 200K miles.

4. tmathy

tmathy Junior Member

Cat can you fax me what you have 920-434-4995

Thanks alot