1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 6.2 diesel and a Fisher Speedcast plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vincentz, Sep 15, 2012.

1. vincentz

vincentz Junior Member

Hello everyone I have been a member for a while and find the site really useful but I couldn't find the answer to a question I have about my plow truck. I remember there being a guy on here with a 80's chevy k30 with a 6.2 diesel and a speedcast. I have an 85 k20 with a 6.2 that I bought that never had a plow on it before. Then I bought an 8ft. Speedcast plow from a guy off of ebay. The plow was from a 6.2 and it has most of the parts but I am not sure if I am missing the pulley that actually attaches to the motor. I think it goes on the water pump but I am not sure. If anyone knows if I am missing a pulley or I am supposed to just put a bigger belt on and mount the pump so that it works without an additional pulley. I know about the area on fisher's website that you can look at the components and parts but I am not sure if I need a new pulley or you are supposed to just use the one that is on the truck already. If anyone has pictures of a 6.2 with a speedcast setup on it that would be great. Thanks Vince.

2. 89 belt drive

89 belt drive Junior Member

Ill bump this for you as i need this info too ..... i want to mount the same set up on my k30 milatary pick up

3. Landmind

Landmind Junior Member
    from Bedford

I have a d30 military truck too
    I was planning on electric hydraulic to avoid having to make a pump mount,

I believe there is an additional pulley that bolts onto the crankshaft of the engine,

4. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, for the full hydraulic systems the mating pulley for your pump attaches to the harmonic balancer. Thats how mine is on my 6.5 diesel rig.

5. vincentz

vincentz Junior Member

Okay so I have this sort of figured out. The 6.2 has the fisher pulley mounted on the waterpump. I had to buy that. But I realized when I started putting everything on the truck that the stuff I bought was not for a 6.2 the pump bracket is wrong and the pulley on the pump is about 9" in diameter. I was just going to buy the pulley for the pump from my fisher dealer but they said that fisher is all out of that part, I did get the mount and a few other little odds and ends for it though. So I am just wondering if anyone has a fisher part # 7909 drive sheave thats sitting around I would be willing to buy it. As far as I can tell it is only for a 6.2 chevy/GMC diesel. If anyone has a 6.2 with the correct pulley and would be so kind as to give me a measurement of the diameter of the pulley I can have one made. Thanks Vince