1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy 5500 questions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by groundsch, Oct 20, 2013.

1. groundsch

groundsch Junior Member

Just purchased chevy 5500 2wheel drive. We have alot of smaller accounts but a few bigger lot that it would be useful on I have a vbox that would be used in this truck. My question is would it be better to just buy a push box for a bobcat and pull it around with the 5500 and then jut salt with the truck as opposed to buying a blade for the truck. We have about 12 6 to 12 familty condo buldings that are all within a mile of eachother and looking at a retirement hoa that is fairly tight and all the drives needto be cleaned. Thanks for all the input.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Get a pusher maybe a kage that would prob get you a good start if you could drop the skid then plow the big lots while someone is using the skid.
  3. groundsch

groundsch Junior Member

Thats kind of the issue I do not have a plow for the truck and with the smaller lots we do I thought it would be money better spent to put the money towards a pusher rather than a plow for the truck since we really do not have any bigger lots that would fully utilze the truck.
  4. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

If you bidded it right. You could sub the small stuff out. Put the the 5500 to work on the your big stuff. If you didn't sorry. :(
  5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I wouldn't put that 5500 near any condo other than the roads. They are great for open lots as long as they have some rear end weight.
  6. groundsch

groundsch Junior Member

What about salting with the 5500 and trailering the skidsteer fro. Site to site.