1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 4x4 problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by M.S.P.M., Dec 11, 2009.

1. M.S.P.M.

M.S.P.M. Senior Member

I have a98chevy k1500 with push button 4 wheel drive and now all of a suddon the 4 wheel drive will not engage, it will click then the light flashes and remains in 2 wheel drive. We had a bad strom here in buffalo NY so I had the 4 wheel drive on for two days straight and took i out this morning and now it will not engage anymore. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix it?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You will get your answers on the other thread. Multiple posts of the same question are a pain in the ass.

3. nswc101

nswc101 Junior Member

It could be run off of vacuum, I had the same issue with my ford f250. When you turn the knob, vacuum pressure turns on the 4 wheel drive. Its either a problem with the switch or a line. I think you can still manually turn on the 4 wheel drive if you get under the truck and look around.

4. nswc101

nswc101 Junior Member

When i say switch, I mean under the truck not your dash switch.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

No vacuum on the fullsize GM 4wd systems. He has his diagnosis on the other thread.