1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 4x4 Problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rg123g, Mar 14, 2005.

1. rg123g

rg123g Junior Member
    from MASS

Tonight I put the truck into 4hi then I started to back up as I turned it felt like things were binding up or grinding not really sure. But to the point that going slow it stopped the truck from backing up. Plus I didn't want to push my luck so I stopped. I did see my ABS light come on in the last storm. But didn't really notice anything after that related to the brakes or the 4 wheel drive. But when I am in 2 wheel drive everything seems to be fine. Any idea's anyone

Has any one encountered whistling problems when stepping on the gas. I don't mean the fuel filter or pump either...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  2. duramaxed

duramaxed Junior Member

Hi, if you do a forum search on 4x4 there was a thread that went over this. Not sure which one, but it's normal if there is not enough slippage(snow/ice) for the tires. :waving:
  3. Gmgbo

Gmgbo Senior Member

when trucks are in 4wd and its not slippery they never want to turn or even move, the steering wheel gets tight