1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 3500 ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mullis56, Feb 14, 2011.

1. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

We run 3x3500's with 9'2" Boss v, and 3x2500's with 9'2" Boss v.....all duramax.

We also have 6x2500's with 8'2" Boss v on them all gasser.

My question is that we have all standard cab, or ext or crew with SHORT BED...we are looking at 2x3500's crewcab with LONG BED. Are we okay to run 9'2" or 8'2" on these trucks? They have duramax, just looking for some input before we buy these 2 trucks with long beds as they will be plow trucks....

Thanks

2. stargazer

stargazer Member

Do you have a field to turn around in? :)

I chop my 3500 cab chassis behind the rear spring hanger and wish I could be shorter. My truck body company complained they couldn't use the small dump body I wanted, and refused to guarantee it. Works great, just needed fender flares over the wheels.

I also thought I'd heard you needed to stick to regular cab due to frame issues.

3. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Thanks, keep them coming in! We have large lots...and run others that are crew cabs just not a crewcab long bed.

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

They really arn't that much longer than the short bed. You will be fine.

5. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

crete you know how much longer? 9'2" v?

6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

The overall truck is only 18" longer between a short bed and a long bed but wheelbase is the real issue. I don't have those nuumber right here but it shouldn't be to hard for you to find on the Chevy website.

7. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I would check with your boss dealer/chevy dealer to see if you can put it on that truck and if you can get a snow plow prep for the truck.

8. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

My thinking is with the Dmax & Allison, then the add the extra cab weight, your front axle will be over weight, then a large plow to cover your track when turning. Id look into it. Also is or is it not under warranty ? For my use we just get the gassers & have plenty of power, but each co uses there truck differently.

9. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Out of warranty. I guess after seeing 3500 cracked frame threads....we need to hit up B&B for some gussets!

10. georgerk82

georgerk82 Senior Member
    from OHIO

Hey I tried to send you pictures of my 9'2 but your inbox is full, message me your email adress.