1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 3500 long bed dually, spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mullis56, Apr 4, 2006.

1. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

What spreadder would be the best V-box style to use? Size of v-box? How much tonage does the box hold? Any issues with weight on this set-up?

Thanks for your help!:yow!:

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Probably an eight foot. Holds 1.6 to 2 cubic yards, depending on chain width. A 3500 dually will handle it fine - will weight about 2,500 to 4,000 pounds depending on what material you use. Plus the weight of the sander. Whether you get a gas, electric or hydraulic model will depend on your preferences and set up of your truck (ie: existing central hydraulics).

Brands really come down to personal preference. I have a Fisher ProCaster 2yd with an eleven hp Honda motor. It has a 16" chain. It's done me well. But somebody else had one and didn't like it.

3. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

'

What he said. I personally like buyers and hi-way. If your gonna be looking for a spreader I have a nice hi-way 8' for sale cheap too.

Ken

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

sorry dude, not trying to screw your sale....buy a new stanless buyers 8 footer. you can take one home for $3400

5. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Plow size BOSS?

What size boss plow should I put on my rig?

6. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

atleast 8.5 to clear the back wheels

7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

8. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Done an done. But I took mine home for $3100.00 w/ taxes. Extended chute, honda engine, SS and brand new !!!!