1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 3500 HD turbo diesel dump

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Fisher II, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Fisher II

Fisher II Senior Member

I have a 2002 dump im trying to figure out what the trade in value is. Ive check Kelly bluebook and similar sites and really cant determine fair value. Any guesses out there...Has 20k on it......auto....diesel.....ac...toolboxes....stainless simulaters on rims. My guess would be around $23k?

2. faughtj

faughtj Member
    from NE Ohio

I'd say you're close, but trade-in would probably be lower. I've found in looking at 1-ton dumps, that 4x2 vs. 4x4 makes a huge difference in resale. Also, if it has a plow on it, and is 4x4, & with the Duramax engine, it should be in strong demand this time of year. You could probably put a For Sale sign in the window, park it in a busy parking lot for a day & make at least a few thousand over trade-in. Especially right before or during a good snow. I've found when looking for this style of truck that "book" values underestimate the real money these trucks will bring due to the high demand. Also, these type of trucks (if it's a 4x4) get *crazy* money on Ebay. You'll often see older trucks (80's - early 90's) going for low to mid teens if they're decent with good equipment (4x4, plow, spreader, etc). Good luck - Jason

3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Is this a 3500HD

Or a 3500

4x2 or 4x4

4. Fisher II

Fisher II Senior Member

3500 HD 15ooo GVW 4x2

5. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I had a feeling it was a HD. You have a rare bird.

Make sure you stipulate the GVW when you advertise it.

They are real nice trucks.

Too bad they weren't 4x4.

I still think GM should offer something like this again. Pickup cab 15-17K GVW, solid straight front axle, 4x4.

6. xeonpro

xeonpro Member

4x4 Conversion on 3500HD

There is a company in PA that does a 4x4 Conversion on the 3500HD's....not sure what they use for an axle..but I've seen 3500HD 4x4s on eBay w/ 10' Fisher Commercial plows... Anybody know the company? I was looking at one but I settled for a plain K3500 6.5L :waving:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  7. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Quigley Motor Company, Inc

But they only do BRAND NEW vehicles prior to being registered. In other words, they come directly from Detroit right to Quigley, then to your dealer. At least this is what I heard.