1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy 3500 diesel,salter,plow,dumptruck

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ServiceOnSite, Mar 19, 2008.

1. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Its a 1991 Chevy 3500 diesel dump truck. 87,000 on the clock. 4x4 works fine although the light on the floor doesn't light up. 10ft box on the dump with brand new hinges installed 3/18/08. It has a 8'6'' Meyer plow in the front. Also a stainless salter in the bed. Has new fuel tank, muffler, heated west coast mirrors, dual batteries, and the transmission has been gone through and upgraded with a shift kit and converter about 7-8k ago. she is not a brand new truck. will probally need tires before fall. bed inside the dump is solid but the bottoms on the out side of the body (which have no impact with performance) are rusted and have rot holes. i was going to replace them with new steel if i kept the truck. but my business is growing and i no longer have a need for this truck as i am going to be buying a tandem Axel truck for mu concrete business. truck is currently o the road and being driven so the mileage may go up a bit. i am located in buffalo ny 14206. will deliver the truck if needed this thing gets great fuel mileage as its a " older diesel"

im not to sure what to ask price wise on the truck. i have been getting offers on the salter by itself for $1,700-$2,000 but i want to get rid of both of these. im thinking somewhere around $6,500 or best offer. really not looking for a trade other than a boss plow and cash. i will have pictures posted later this afternoon.
  2. ServiceOnSite

here are a few cellphone pics. kinda crapy weather out.

0319081649 dump pic 1.jpg

0319081651 dump pic 2.jpg

0319081649a dump pic 3.jpg
  3. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Is it possible to get some pictures of the cab?

4. ServiceOnSite

heres a few more pics that i had. the truck got droped off today at the body shop for a driverside rocker panel. it was kinda rusty so i figured just replace it. something they pointed out when i droped the truck off it that it has a stack of leaf springs added to it. i know that it alwats towed well and with salt in it but now i know why. heres some pics.

0319081651b dunp pic 5.jpg

0319081652b dump pic 6.jpg

0319081650c dump pic 7.jpg

0319081651a dump pic 8.jpg
  5. ServiceOnSite

really looking to get rid of this truck right away. i need the money for a down payment on other bigger truck. $5,300 or best offer takes the whole setup
  6. ServiceOnSite

no ones interested?
  7. AAJay

AAJay Junior Member

Where in ny are you? What is your best cash price? Jay
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  8. ServiceOnSite

i am in buffalo ny i am willing to work something out and drive and meet up if needed. as far as cash price make me an offer.
  9. ServiceOnSite

what up?

is this that ugly of a truck or to high of a price? i didnt think this would last near as long as it has. any input would be great. thanks
  10. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I would say because the dump body looks beyond repair from the rot i can see along the sides, the fact that it's and older diesel what a late6.2 or an early 6.5 and the fact that diesel is more than gas right now.
  11. ServiceOnSite

bump please
  12. ServiceOnSite

going to take truck out to summer storage soon if anyones interested please let me know soon. thanks
  13. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I think its over priced for the amount of rust on the truck and it's an old diesel with 4.00 diesel who wants it?
  14. ServiceOnSite

Ok on the price end of it i just realized the i put 6500 or best offer and not 5500 or best offer. i didnt think that would make a world of difference. the outside of the box is in fact rusty, the inside however is not at all. i agree the price of diesel does suck. but the fact is this is not a turbo diesel, it does not suck fuel, and this thing will out pull any gas motor of similar size while getting great fuel economy. but thank you for the input. i have fond another dump body that i am going to be puttin on here next month or so and then painting the whole truck black and putting the rocker on before it comes back out for servicenext year. still for sale untill that happens though