1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 2wd western plow mount trouble

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by The Cowboy, Nov 14, 2005.

1. The Cowboy

The Cowboy Junior Member

Hi guys,
    I ran into more than a little trouble today when I found that my recently purchased plow mount will not fit my truck. If anyone has a 73-87 2WD Chevy 3/4 ton pickup mount for a conventional western plow, please contact me via this forum. I will email you my phone number if you have anything like this. I will be willing to pick it up if you are close enough to Illinois. Snow is coming so this is urgent. Thanks!!!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2005
  2. SteveB(wi)

SteveB(wi) Member

Good Luck! You can try junk yards or one for a 1 ton. When I had a plow on my 1980 ¾T 2WD I had to custom fab what I needed out of the mount I had. I ended up building a bumper out of channel iron and making the pump/lights fit that. For the blade I welded a piece of 3/8" angle iron right across the frame rails and bolted the plow mount to that. It worked OK and gave me a sharper angle of attack due to its higher mounting. When I got rid of that truck the angle was bending back, I probably should have made that beefier. this was an old Meyer conventional mount. The good part was when I bought my current '76 4X4 I was able to bolt the bumper and pump right on the new truck and found a used Western undercarriage that bolted right on for $50.