1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 2wd dually tow truck?? Any good for plowing

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by big flounder, Nov 19, 2005.

1. big flounder

big flounder Junior Member
    from ontario

Anybody ever plow with a tow truck. My buddy wants some advice,he thinking about a 8.2 bossV for just his own Auto wrecker yard 1acre paved lot.

2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I plowed with a an 84 3/4 ton Chevy tow truck, had the Holmes slide in wrecker unit and an 8 foot Fisher. Plowed great, but then those trucks usually do. Was a 4wd, but if he's got a real wrecker body with some weight to it and the lot is reasonably level it should do fine. A V-plow would be nice, but for just one lot it's a big expense, he could probably find an old used straight blade for next to nothing that will do a good enough job. Best thing about plowing with a wrecker is having a winch on the back!

3. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

If You Set It Up Right, It Will Work For That. I Would Recomend A Straight Blade And Have Removable Side Scoops, It Would Be Cheaper And Moves The Snow Quite Effeciently...

4. Mine is a 2wd and I've never regretted it, I have the 4x4's call me to pull them out, or need me to do the extra steep hills when its icy. I'm not knocking 4x4's but when you weigh 12600 pounds loaded your dam near indestructable,,,,,just watch out for ditches:drinkup: