1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 2500HD Went Through The Ice Last Nite

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mercer_me, Jan 9, 2010.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

In a previest post I toled you guys that I new a guy that puts his truck through every year. Well, last nite he was driving out to his ice shack and he put the whole truck through in 14' of water. Both him and the guy that was with him got out safely, but the other guy almost didn't make it out. Sorry I didn't get any pics of them getting it out. As of 6:00pm 1/9/10 it still was not out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

oh dang.....

3. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: he must have money but no brains if he can afford to pull it out and get a new truck or get it repaired, does insurance cover stupidity??? oh and btw those are some nice pictures

4. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Ouch...I remember seeing you post that. I am glad he is okay. How thick was the ice?

5. mercer_me

He had to hire a diver to hook chains on it, but he is doing the rest of the work himself. He can also fix it himself. His insurance won't cover it.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  6. mercer_me

Most places it's 12", but were he went through there was only 6".

7. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

WOW. Does it every year and he was dumb enough to try again? I'm sorry but if I failed at it once there wouldn't be no second shot.

8. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

wouldent he have to hire a diver to hook chains on it too, or did some one just jump in, and **** how much do parts cost for fixing a truck that goes in the water every year, if it were me i would have it sealed, and not drive on the ice with the plow on, it looks like he was plowing too. dumba**

9. mercer_me

Tis is the first time he ha put it completly through. All the other times only the front tires broke through and the plow would cach and it wouldn't go all the way in.

10. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

What lake is that? My insurance wont cover if i go through the ice.

11. mercer_me

It's on North Pond.

12. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

That would be enough for me....I would call it a blessing and not try again.

13. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I think you mean IN!!!!!

14. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Oh nice. That's why I have atv's for ice driving.

15. mercer_me

:laughing:LOL:laughing:
    I just talked to my buddy that was helping them and the have it out now (7:30pm).

16. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I hope your buddy has pics of it coming out. We need to see those....

17. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Look at the chunks floating and scattered again. That ice was maybe 3 inch and looks like 2. I have drove on 6 inch ice long ago in Michigan when I was young n dumb. 6 inch woulda been more than enough to support the truck.

18. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Oh ****! I wanna see pics of it when its out of the water.

Take a quad or argo out onto the ice. Or walk. Don't take something you make money with. This just makes me sick. Was it a Duramax or gasser?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2010
  19. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

LMAO omg. I remember talking to you about this mercer.

20. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Word, even though it's not covered by his insurance. I hope his insurance drops him, since he does the same thing each year. He probaly also drives stupid in other ways.

Also does he get fined for contamination of a waterway in Maine. Here in Pa a guy did that a few years back on Lake Wallenpaupack. Ended up getting a $5000 fine from the state's EPA. On top of recovery fees and vehicle repair.