1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 2500hd tire pressure

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by gino, Oct 23, 2005.

1. gino

gino Member
    from Maine

I checked my tire pressure today and they were all low. I had just taken it into the dealer for an oil change and supposedly they check tire pressure. The door jam says the front should be 60 psi and the rear should be 80 psi. So I went ahead and pumped em up to spec. Would the dealer have underinflated them for a better ride? Both the fronts were at 55 psi and both the rears were at 70 psi. Like it had been done by the mechanic on purpose. Maybe this explains why I am only getting 9-10 miles per/gallon. Do you guys follow the specs on the door jam or what?
  2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i go 65 all around when empty and 80 in the front once winter comes and i put the plow on. in the rear when ever i am towing or caring a bobcat in the winter i put 80 in them to
  3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Since my trucks are working almost every day I keep them at 80psi all the time. I guess I could get longer tread life out of lower pressures but 40,000+ miles out of tire is OK with me.
  4. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

I had 60 psi all the way around on mine, but I don't haul anything that heavy in mine.