1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 2500HD Duramax

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wxmn6, Jun 15, 2002.

1. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I am wondering what is your mileage with Chevy 2500HD Duramax with Allison when driving on highway, city, and towing? I did a search and found only a few answer so I'd like to hear more of your diesel mileage. Don't forget to include the model year of your truck and specify how many pound of load you are towing with your mileage. Thanks.

2. MAG

MAG Junior Member

3. wxmn6

MAG, thanks for replying. But at this time the link is not working so I could not get in.

4. wxmn6

Found the correct link for diesel page. :D Here it is:

www.62-65-dieselpage.com

The link to the forum:

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Have you guys seen the new 2003 Chevy Silverado? Man, the front end have the Avalanche look and it looks terrible IMHO. But the 2003 GMC looks similar to the 2002 GMC but looks better. Here is the link to one of thread that you can take a look at the new 2003 Chevy 2500HD Duramax and the GMC too.

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=003440

I have been thinking about getting a Chevy 2500HD Duramax next year but with those Avalanche looks on the new 2003 Chevys, I'm not sure that I would want to get the newest truck available in market. I probably would have to go with the 2002 Chevy because I really like the look of their trucks. Or I could be going with 2003 GMC. Who knows? Time will tell.

Oh another thing, I learned in this diesel page that GM is raising the price by $3K for the 2003 models. :eek:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2002
  5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

your right the the new 2003's hds look like sh*t I hate the advalanche look If that is the case and they way that gm is going besides raiseing there price by3K I will start to look more at fords :mad: :mad: who designs these things???Ilike the look of the hd's now they kinda look like my old chevy that was more square but with round edges.And who buys them yuppies so they can say they have a big truck,why don't they build them for the people who need them or if thats the case they can make a new line just for the people who want to look good in them.They have to be insane to think than we will pay more for a truck that looks like a peice of SH*T!!:realmad:

6. wxmn6

Last edited: Jun 22, 2002
  7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

boy did I just get sick looking at what you have to pay for.some of the inside changes seam nice if you are getting the top of the line truck in 50K dollare range.what ever happen to a reasonable priced truck for the every day working man???

8. wxmn6

I am only 19 so I have no idea what the price was 10 years ago but I am sure that it was much lower than what the 2003 trucks costs. You're right about how the price was reasonable for everday working man in the past. I could remember seeing most working man in trucks, but now looks at the way it has changed its face. I'm seeing alot of yuppies driving those luxury big trucks, more of them than those working men. You could go to a construction site and see more cars than trucks parked at the site. I guess GM is changing the target to yuppies because they have all the money they have to spend on $40K-$50K trucks. Kind of like price gouging like big gas companies. They know that we still would be buying their product so thats probably why they are jacking up the prices. Auto makers are cutting back numbers of employees at the factories because more robots are builts which means auto makers are making more profit but they are still jacking up the prices? Where the hell are they going to do with the money they have stockpiled in big money bin like Scoorge? I could not image what the price would be 10 years later.

I really don't need the diesel truck. It would be nice to have but I would not be doing alot of towing and the diesel do have better gas mileage but I don't expect to be doing alot of long driving. Most of time I would be making short trips which is what I heard on diesel forum that it is bad for diesel trucks. So right now I am thinking about GM 8.1L . It wont be until at least next year before I am in market for new truck. Probably will wait for 2004 trucks to come out late next year unless they jack up the prices more.

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

I have a 2002 Chevy 2500HD with the duramax and love it. I totally agree that the new front end for 2003 looks like crap. i absolutely hate the look of the avalanche. what crack were they smoking when they designed that plastic piece of junk? The price for 2003 is probably getting jacked up to cover the cost of the rebates they had this year.

10. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I totaly agree with you.wish that they would leave the front end the way it is now.We should do a poll about the front end then send to those egg heads that designed that front end.

11. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Ah, yes, reminiscing...

The year: 1977
    My buddy bought a brand new F-150 stepside, 302 v-8, automatic, factory mags...

all for the ungodly price of $4400.00

12. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I wish those days where back Pelican, trucks were simple to work on and they where trucks not more like cars .but I gotta say I like the ride of todays truck not the look and price but the ride.

13. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Memory Lane

Here's another:

My '81 F-350 equipped with 8' Western plow was $8500 complete. Twenty years later, my '01 F-350 with 8' plow was over $40,000. Sickening.

I won't refer to the ovals any further, I don't want to draw fire from the bowtie guys, but thought you youngsters might get pie eyed over old pricing.

BTW, got 20 years of faithful service from my '81 before it was plowed in the rear and totaled, by a Jeep.

14. wolfie

wolfie Senior Member

I saw 2003 in Canton on Sunday... it didn't really look that bad to me. I really like the look of the angled headlights. But I don't care for the hood. It's not bad enough that I wouldn't buy one to replace my 2002 when the time comes.... But when you consider that the last time I bought a new one was in 1989, I'm sure there will be a whole new body style by the time I'm ready.

15. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

my truck is still pretty new but i hope by the time i'm ready to get another it's not totally round.It's like for year they did not make any major body changes and now they change them every other year .Keep the power dome or do like fors make it in the light duty line and keep this look for the HD'S

16. wolfie

wolfie Senior Member

the 2001-2002 HD's have to be the best looking models since the 1967-1973 models... Sometimes I wish i still had my 72 blazer... that was a real nice truck. I don't hate the new style like most people do but i sure am glad I got the 2002. I was thinking about swaping this on in next year to move up to the 2004 Durmax... Now I'm think I might just keep this one until there's nothing left to it...