1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 2500hd and 10' v

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by GroundScapes, Dec 10, 2010.

1. GroundScapes

GroundScapes Junior Member

Hey guys Im new to the site and new to plowing and need some advice.
    We are currently in the market for a medium duty truck and also are looking at purchasing a plow of some sort for a 06 2500hd 4x4 long bed, ext cab with allison and 8.1 liter big block.
    I have located a 2wd medium duty dump truck that I am very interested in purchasing and just happens to already have a 10' boss V-plow on it.
    My question is, would the 10' V work on my 06 2500hd or is it simply way to much plow?

Thanks

2. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

The plow on the medium duty is probably be a heavy weight / municipal / whatever boss calls it, series plow.

I wouldn't wanna hang a municipal plow off a 3/4 ton. Now a wideout style, I'm liking those, as you can expand out for light snow, and collapse in for heavier snow falls.

Just my $.02

3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

I would keep the plow on the dump truck. 10' Vee Plows are way to heavy for 3/4 ton trucks, no matter what drivetrain is behind it. An 8'2" is the ideal plow for that truck.

4. GroundScapes

GroundScapes Junior Member

ten four thanks

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It won't fit a pickup truck mount anyway just for reasons like this...it's far too much plow for one.