1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by the new boss 92, Jun 2, 2009.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

350, or 6.5 turbo diesel? i will be using it to plow and tow occasionally. what would be the better of the 2? i have a 350 in my 1500 and it does more then enough! but what do you guys think?

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

350 for sure. The 6.5's have their fair share of issues like injector pump, etc. Search this site and you will find alot of info about the 6.5 and links to find more. The 95 and newer vortec 350's probably have more power than the 6.5 Im sure there are a few who will disagree with me, but that is just my opinion

3. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

My $0.02 = 350. The weight savings over the diesel is the biggest reason, but as you already know it also makes good reliable power.

4. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

depends on what your looking to do with the truck and if you have a good diesel tech close by. i have both of these trucks and they each have there place.

Gas trucks are cheaper to buy cheaper to fix, and maintence. but they suck up more fuel, dont put a heavy trailer day in and day out very well, and unless its a 3/4 ton or better there parts are weaker.

if the truck is a money maker and work truck only i would look towards the diesel.
    if your trying to have the truck pull double duty personal truck more then a work truck go gas.