1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 2500 leaking oil, info needed!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by CK82, Feb 14, 2006.

1. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

My chevy 2500 (7.4 454) is dripping oil lightly. Its starting point seems to be around the filter area, not the seal on the filter or anything like that, but maybe from the pump (?) which the oil filter is screwed onto? As you can tell I need some suggestions as to what might be going on here. All of this is seen looking from underneath the truck. There is a little oil residue on right above the filter on the engine block also, but for the most part its near the filter area as described earlier. Some mechanical knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Chris::salute:
  2. wheeler4x4

wheeler4x4 Member

Oil Leak

If you have a factory oil cooler, check the mounting bolts under the oil filter. They are special bolts w/ special washers.
    My 95 k2500 had same leak, Took 1/2 hour extra while doing oil & filter change.Less than $10.00 to replace both bolts/washers & "O"-ring for oil cooler
    Good luck :)
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2006