1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy 2500 diff problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bob00, Oct 7, 2010.

1. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

ther is my problem i just bught a 96 chevy 2500 i take i short drive with the guy and evrything was fine but wen i bring it home i notice that on hwy the rear move left to right so i check supenstion brakets and u-bolt but evrything seem to be find i test it again and the rear wheel relly move back and forth like if the diff was not fixed probely but the diff dont move anyone got an idea i am gonna get this thing jack up this afternoon to see if i can find wats wrong with it :confused:

2. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Is it your axles that are moving or the whole carrier ????

If axles it could be the clips that hold it in the diff..... Or the start of bad bearings
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  3. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

I would imagine if it was the c clips the wheel/axle combo would be on the freeway taking its own ride by now as thats what holds the whole unit on. Check, lug nuts, axle u bolts and alignment pins, tires themselves, and also make sure your leaf spring hangers are solid and not rusted out in the cups.
  4. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

it was a bad bearings thanks guys for all the info