1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 2500 6.0 Gasser Exhaust?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DIESEL PLOWGUY, Oct 24, 2005.

1. DIESEL PLOWGUY

DIESEL PLOWGUY Member

Well was ready to get my HYPERTECH MODULE and GIBSON EXHAUST today and I go to the place to give them a deposit and the guy said he has bad news and I was like what. He said there are currently no EXHAUST SYSTEMS period that he can find for my 2005 CHEVY 2500 4BY4 6.0 LITER GASER it a REGULAR CAB. He said with the regular cab there are none available. I think he dosent know what he is talking about. So any of you that have an EXHAUST on your CHEVY 2500 REGUALR CAB Please let me know what kind you have? How you like it? And where I can get one? Thanks for the HELP.

2. DIESEL PLOWGUY

DIESEL PLOWGUY Member

COME on guys I need some IMPUT here.

3. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Its pretty simple if you use your head.Go to the gibson web site and get the product number you need for the exhaust or go to magnaflow and see and hear what your truck will sound like with the new exhaust

4. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

MAGNAFLOW part #15789

5. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Magnaflow makes a sick system for your truck. If memory serves me correctly, you can also get a Corsa as well.

6. DIESEL PLOWGUY

DIESEL PLOWGUY Member

magnaflow 15789 is for a Extended Cab Short box or a Crew Cab Short bob. They have exhaust for the 6.0 it just dosent list any for the REGULAR CAB.

7. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

For the heck of it was is the wheel base difference between LB and SB

8. Got Diesel?

Got Diesel? Junior Member

It may sound waste-full but most the time you can order it for a ex cab or crew cab and just shorten it. Take the slack out right behind the cab, any good exhaust shop can handle that.

Happy Motoring:waving:

9. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

I had to do that for a exhaust that I put on my old 88' chevy ext cab long bed. At the time I had the headers for a magnaflow system. To keep everything the same manuf. I bought a kit for a short box and extended it for the long box. They didn't offer a kit for a long box. All I did was to add an extention piece on each side of the mufler. I was a single 3" in to two 21\2" out.

10. DIESEL PLOWGUY

DIESEL PLOWGUY Member

Well I bought a MAGNAFLOW cause thats what the place sells and they said they would shorten it up and bend it so instead of comming out split buy the plate. They are gonna bend the exhaust and exit it in the factory place. I wanted a GIBSON but they didnt like the IDEA of me buying somewhere else and then having them install it. So at least I will have my exhaust and it will be in on friday. I also bought a HYPERTECH and a K@N air box today so Ill keep you guy's posted on the performance gains and the fuel economy gains.

11. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Get some pics when you are done with getting the exhaust installed. I am thinking of doing the same to my new truck.

12. yancy

yancy Senior Member

i have a 2000 gmc 2500 and i have cat back i had a local muffler shop put it on we cut right before the muffler and steped it down to 21/4 pipe with 45s out the back with 31'2 roled tipes it sounds bad a@@ i love it its lod when you want it to be and quiet too. resenators are not a bad idea to.