1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 2500 5.7

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MPF, Feb 10, 2003.

1. MPF

MPF Junior Member
    from MD.

I HAVE A 93 CHEVY 2500 5.7 AUTOMATIC 4WD WHAT IS THE HP. AND TORQUE RATING OF MY ENGINE??

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

1993 5.7 L K code TBI engines were :

under 8500 GVWR 210 HP @ 4000 , 300 ft\lbs @ 2800

over 8500 GVWR 190 HP @ 4000 , 300 ft\lbs @ 2400

3. bobge

bobge Junior Member

what is the weight restriction

I have a 1993 chev 2500 witha 5.7 l engine. where do I find the GVWR? is it on the truck? how do I find the gear ratio of the rear end? what maximum weight should I consider for pulling a fifth wheel through mountains?

4. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

chris, why is the heavier truck less hp?? that is what mine is the 8600 GVWR. Looks like there a few members w/ the same year/ model truck:drinkup:

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

It's usually due to the HD emissions package used on heavier GVWR trucks.Air pumps,bigger or extra cats,ignition dwell\advance curve changes,etc can add weight and reduce performance or HP ratings.

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

bobge - welcome to Plowsite

You GVWR should be on the drivers door sticker,along with the FAWR (front axle weight rating),and the RAWR (rear).

The rear end ratio should be on a tag on the rear diff cover bolts.
    If not,you will have to calculate it by counting the number of turns of the driveshaft required to get one complete rotation of the rear tires.

Your maximum GCWR,or Gross combined weight rating should not be exceded when pulling a trailer.Pin weight plus cargo\passengers\fuel,etc should also not exceed the RAWR.Not sure what the GCWR is for your truck.Check the owners manual under towing,or check with your local dealer.They will need the VIN to check it.

How big is your fifth wheel ? You will also have to hook up the electric brakes as well.

7. GLS

GLS Senior Member

If you look inside the glovebox, you should see a list of codes (RPOs, or regular production options).

GT5 = 4.10
    GT4=3.73
    GU6=3.42
    GU4=3.08