1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 1990 K1500 Fisher Push Plates

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Skip584, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Skip584

Skip584 Junior Member

Hello maybe someone can help me. I just bought a used Fisher 8' snow plow. It is an older Speed Cast. I don't know that much about fishers but I am assuming that this is what is called a conventional plow. Anyway, it is a used plow and the previous owner cut the push plates off when he removed it. It doesn't look like it would have fit my 1990 k1500 any how. I have the head gear and measured the push beam. The push beam measured 26 7/8 inches overall length. I don't know if they are all the same length or not but this is the length that was listed on Fishers web site. I need to find a set of Push plates. If anyone has a set that they would like to sell I would be interested if reasonable. The truck is a 1990 chevy 1500. Otherwise I will continue to search ebay and such. I don't know if these push plates are still available or not. The fisher part numbers are 8867 and 8868 If anybody has a source of even new ones I would appreciate them pointing me in the right direction.

2. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

Have you tried ebay yet or ur local want ad? I kno there are always plow parts there

3. Al DeMaio

Al DeMaio Junior Member

You're in trouble. If you buy the 1/2 ton push plates 8867 & 8867 you will find that your push beam is not a part# 1510. the 1510 or 1/2 ton push beam was made for only a 7-1/2' blade (measures 22-1/2" accross the ears of the aframe that hook to the truck) the 8' blade's a-frame is made to fit the part# 1513 push beam and the ears are at 25-1/2". This was done to stop people from overloading their vehicle by putting an 8' or 9' plow on a half ton truck.

4. Skip584

Skip584 Junior Member

What if....

I have the push beam that fits the plow. It measures 26 7/8-27" across. I looked at fishers website and the push beam the it shows fitting the 8867 and 8868 plates is the 1510 push beam. which is listed iwht a overall length of 26 7/8. If I can find some pushplates will this pushbeam work. I am new to fisher. I just sold my 8' Western plow truck and picked up this used Fisher and would like to put it on my 1990 K1500. I don't do any commercial plowing and would only be doing my own properties. I see quite a few people around here with the classic body style halftons running 8.2 boss v-plows and 7.6 boss superdutys. This fisher should be in that same weight class. If I could make this thing fit, I was going to add a set of timbrens and turn up the torsion bars. If I could find a set of heavy duty torsion bars I would probably add them.

Is the 1513 bar and the 1510 bar the same except for the mounting ears to accept the plow A-frame???

STILL LOOKING FOR A SET OF USED PUSH PLATES.......1990 CHEVY CONVENTIONAL PLOW

5. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

just cut and move them to fit your plow...i did that with a old push beam i had
    to fit my 8ftr

6. Skip584

Skip584 Junior Member

OH Man.....

Well, I dropped the ball again. It turns out my truck is a K2500 not a K1500. It has 6 lugs, I thought it was a half ton. It turns out it is a light duty 3/4 ton. I don't know what the differnce is buy my pushbeam is a 1513 for a 3/4ton so things are looking better. I still need a set of pushplates. Are these the same on the heavy 8lug 3/4ton or are they different and if they are the same Is a one ton mount also the same.

7. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Skip, call me Friday, I think I have a set of plates for you. Jerre