1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 1985 Electrical

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by djroque, Apr 23, 2002.

1. djroque

djroque Junior Member

Anybody has information on what voltage does my Chevy 1985 w/ 6.2 Diesel Engine. It Has 2 batteries connected in series but all bulbs and lamps are rated 12 Volts. Thanks

2. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

Unless it's an old military rig with the 24volt setup, which it could be, it should be 12 volt, and have the batteries wired in parrallel.

3. djroque

djroque Junior Member

thanks. our chevy 85 w/ 6.2 diesel is a military type. one question i have is why the lamps and bulbs are rated 12 volts

4. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

the lights are only ran off one of the batterys so they are still 12 volts

5. Txstruck

Txstruck Junior Member

I have the same truck except mine is the 86 model w/ a 6.2L diesel. Everything on the truck is 12V, the only 24V systems on the truck are the starter and the glow plugs.

6. djroque

djroque Junior Member

Thanks Steve. Another question you have any info on glow plugs part number for the 6.2 diesel. thansk.

7. Txstruck

Txstruck Junior Member