1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by kedz42, Nov 15, 2008.

1. kedz42

kedz42 Junior Member

hi anyone plowing with a 1500 2003 silverado chevy? Im doing about 15 drivways nothing crazy/ will this truck be ok? do i need suspension help?
  2. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Here we go again.

Yes, this truck will be fine for a few driveways. Just add some timbrens and crank you t-bars a little and you should be good to go. Also, dont forget your ballast.
  3. Onebadbowtie86

Onebadbowtie86 Senior Member

Heres my truck, and if it reassures you any, i have only plowed with regular cab shortbox chevys, and they work excellent for small drives. i just retired my 96 chevy for my 2003 z71 i just put the boss plow on. i also plow 30 residential drives all winter long and have not had a problem.
  4. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

i have a 04 extended cab with a boss 7'6 on it but the truck and plow are new to me this year, so i will find out, i did crank up the t-bars a little already though
  5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That truck will work fine just put a 7.5' plow on it.
  6. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I plow with a 2004 1500 chevy got a Snoway 26 series it does fine for me I do about 15 driveways and about 7 parking lots I just baby it no crazy stuff.