1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Brando55, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Brando55

Brando55 Member

i currently have a mazda b4000 and i am looking to upgrade to a bigger plow for the winter. I was looking at chev 1500 and just wondering if it would be good to plow with. Also what would be the best plow setup for the truck.
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

really no reason you cant plow with 1500
  3. Brando55

Brando55 Member

ok. Who makes the best plow setup for the truck?
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Boss or Sno-Way
  5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

my "takehome" truck is a chevy 1500 its got a 7'6'' boss v on the front and a rear plow on the back to balance the weight out, i do my parents, grandmas, and my own driveway with it, works out nice, small enough to get into tight spots. The truck even plows a few small commercial lots if another truck breaks down or we have a real prolonged snow event
  6. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

With the deals out there now on "big Trucks" why not step up to a 2500HD, you could put just about any plow on one of those.
  7. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

snoway 26 series would be a good fit for that truck
  8. Indy

Indy Senior Member

9. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

i just picked up a extended cab 1500 on saturday and getting a boss 7'6 sport duty installed as i type