1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy 1500 ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by A.R.C.SR, Sep 9, 2010.

1. A.R.C.SR

A.R.C.SR Junior Member
    from IL

I need help deciding if I should put a 2inch lift on the front of it to get extra clearance or just put more weight in the back to balance it out. I had a dodge 1500 and I put 2inch lift on it and it made the front end vibrate in 4wheel drive and I'm leary about putting a lift on my chevy so can anyone give me any advice on what to do.
  2. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

I have always used leveling kits. They work amazing. Make sure if you any kind of lift you get the truck realigned. The vibration may have been the truck riding on the tires different.
  3. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

I had a 2" leveling kit in my 1/2 ton and it was nice when empty. Looked alot better too. But when loaded or pulling a moderately heavy trailer, I had rear end sag which was worse than front end sag IMO. Probably wouldn't be an issue with a 3/4 ton truck but I don't think I would put a leveling kit in a 1/2 ton again. But then again, I don;t think I'll own a half ton again. Good luck with whatever you decide.