1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 1500 with Boss v

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Kurto_15, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Kurto_15

Kurto_15 Junior Member

I have a 1995 chevy 1500 Extended cab, short box. I have the opportunity to buy a Boss
    7' 6'' v plow with everything for $2500. Would my truck handle this fine and is this a good deal?
    Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There's several threads around here with guys running 7.6 vee's on a 1500 so get accustom to using the search feature and enjoy the reading. :drinkup:

$2500 being a fair price for the plow would depend on it's condition, age, and whether it includes the needed truck side components to fit your specific truck.

3. blm86

blm86 Member

my local school district has one on a 2005. it sags like crazy but I imagine with timbrens and a few cranks of the t bars it should work more than ok

4. overtime

overtime Senior Member

I have a 7 6V on my 2000 1/2 ton. Put timbrens on and crancked the t bars like 2 turns. 3 years now and its good. The bearing in my front end went out(well where making noise) so I am rebuilding that. Other then that no broblems.

5. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i am also doing this this summer because i dont like my straight blade no more after using a v. i have alo done some reserch and the v is only 20 lbs hevier then the 7'6 straight blade super duter withch is what im running on my truck now. go for that deal if it has everything for your truck!

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It's a horrible idea. You should instead give me the info about the blade and how to contact the seller. :waving: