1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 1500 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ghollenberger, Mar 11, 2008.

1. ghollenberger

ghollenberger Junior Member

I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext cab 4x4, z71 off road and towing package. CAN I PLOW WITH THIS? I am hearing several different things. Could plowing with this truck void my warranty or would the warranty only be voided if I exceed the front axle rate. Thanks in advance
  2. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

I have a 2003 GMC seirra 1/2 ton ext. cab and I have a 7'1/2" Western on it and it is one of those quad-steers.
  3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

You can defininetly and safely put a 7.5 foot plow on your truck, there are many manufacturers to choose from.

As to the warranty, thats a bit of a grey area but you can expect that you would have a fight on your hands for warranty repairs to your truck if you do put a plow on there...especially if those repairs are for front end or electrical issues.
  4. Indy

Indy Senior Member