1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy 1500 question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by critter, Dec 7, 2005.

1. critter

critter Junior Member
    from 01757

hello i just put one of those sno-way plows on my truck its a 2000 chevy 1500 and it sits a little low in the front anyways but with the plow on even lower what should i do to fix it i was going to buy buy a leveling kit or just tighten up the torsion bars but people said that would wear out the front ..up for suggestions thanks
  2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Just give them a couple of turns, should be fine. Supposed to get it aligned after, but I guess if you dont go much you dont really need to.
  3. 99 z71Silverado

99 z71Silverado Member
    from Chicago

hey critter i have a 99 1500 with a 8ft western. i had the same problem i bought a set of Timbrens it fixed the problem. the truck rides a lot better know with or with out the plow on. you shouldn't have to touch the torson bars