1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 1500 LT Crew Cab

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ramair2k, Mar 19, 2013.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Does anyone have a picture of the bumper notched with fisher push plates for a Chevy 1500? Curious to see how clean it looks

2. Monorail_Red

Monorail_Red Junior Member
    from CT

I am curious to see it too. I have a 2012 myself. A friend of mine has a 2011, and I think the notching job looks terrible. I don't mind cutting the front facia to hang a plow, but I don't want it to look like it was carelessly hacked off.

3. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Well I have a 2010 gmc 1500 crew cab with a western HTS I can post some pics if that would help any.

4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Same truck, go ahead. I as well am contemplating a plow on my 2011

5. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Yea same I bought a 2011 2500 hd for my Forman we put a western on it when I got the truck back from the plow shop I wanted to cry. I have all fords but my Forman wanted a Chevy so I bought one. This truck has been great I was just up set on how you have to cut it. The job was so bad I went and bought a new air dame and cut it my self it came out way better I will get some pics up soon. It looks about the best you can get it I look at a lot of then around my town and they look bad.

6. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Here is a few pics

SDC10479.jpg

SDC10480.jpg

7. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

I was thinking you would have to cut all the way up to the tow hook. I know on the Chevy's they have a black valance and then a painted insert portion. Hopefully to fit the fisher plates, only the black valance, like your pic shows, needs to be cut and not any higher.

8. 2006Sierra1500

Definitely with a Fisher. The Western doesn't look too bad though

9. Monorail_Red

from CT

My friend has a fisher and they cut out the plastic from the tow hooks all the way down. Doesn't look too bad with the western setup. I'm assuming this is because with Western the mounting shoes are removable.

10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Shoot, I'd go with a Western purely for the fact the front end stays so clean.

11. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Still waiting to see a pic with fisher push plates. Gonna suck to cut all that plastic, especially if the installer uses a sawzall. The likelihood of that coming out nice is slim to none.

12. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

What year is your 1500 chevy? my 2005 1500 crew cab i had to cut from the tow hooks all they way down on both sides for th emount to fit. look okay but not like the 2500 truck hat are pictured above.

13. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

I don't have the truck yet, but it will be a 2013 Crew Cab LT. I don't mind cutting from the tow hooks all the way down on both sides, as long as the cut is nice and clean and hugs the push plates. I don't want gaps on the sides of the push plates making it look like a hack job. I know i'm being picky, and that's the price of putting a plow on a new truck, but that doesn't mean it has to look fugly.

14. 2006Sierra1500

Well, on my 06 the plates are tucked right up into the bumper, they don't hang down at all. On the 2500 on the other hand....

It should look OK if the installer takes some measurements and actually puts effort into their work.

15. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Finally bought the truck, 2013 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab, Z71. I have the package where the front bumper is chrome and comes with the painted silver insert portion of the bumper. I want to hang the fisher HT off this but am hesitant to cut into the new bumper. JC Madigan would be doing the install, and just not sure how its going to look once its cut. I know I should just quit being a baby and do it, but this is a 43k dollar truck. Anyone have any updated pics they can share?

16. Monorail_Red

from CT

Just want to bump this thread...anybody out there with a late model Chevy/GMC 1500 with a plow?

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I am in the process of installing a fisher on a 05 silverado. I cut the valance with a angle grinder using a cutting wheel. Then I cleaned up the melted plastic left overs with my utility knife. Looks nice IMO.

18. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

The OP posted pics of his '13 with the plow all mounted up in another thread.