1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chevy 1500 lift?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jblatti13, Mar 15, 2010.

1. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

question for you guys.
    i have an older chevy k1500. its sittin pretty low, and with the plow and the salt in the back, it obviously sits low. im wondering what i can do to raise it up a little bit. i know from reading other posts and stuff that i can turn up torsion keys, or replace with bigger ones to get lift out of the front. the question is the back, if i add a leaf, i know it will stiffen the ride, but how much hiegh will it give it? and if i go the other way, adding lift blocks to the back, what is all involved in that and how much will it increase the height back there? im sorry if theres other posts on here, ive searched and stuff but nothing has really been in this much detail. can you guys who've done something like this give me some advice?

2. Rubicon 327

Rubicon 327 Senior Member

You may be better looking in the "Chevy" truck section for answers on this.

Do you already have timbrens for the front?

As for the rear add a leaf, depends on what size you can get or buy usually a 1-2 inch gain and with the blocks I have heard of one's from 1 inch up to 5.5 and that is NOT saying they will fit your application........I don't know exactly what you have. Both require working on the rear spring pack which can be kinda fun sometimes!:realmad:

I would add timbrens to the front and do an air bag set up for the rear. Probably the easiest things you can do but airbags may not be the cheapest.

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

lift

we sell this brand. works nice.

4. Scott13136

Scott13136 Member

I put 2500 springs in my 89 1500

5. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Just did a year old Dodge 1500 rear. Took the leaf packs off, took them to a local spring shop. Had them add 1 leaf, and it stiffened and raised the rear end by 1.5 " for $200 that included new longer u bolts.