1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 1500 fisher plow?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Cfdff85, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

anyone ever see a chevy 1500 series truck with a 8ft fisher on it? I am going to be putting one on my truck. I am adding timbrins and cranking the torsion bars a little. Thoughts???

2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

3. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

thats not a 8.0 ft plow is it??

4. bersh

bersh Senior Member

I had an 8' MMII HD on my 94 1500 and it plowed fine. I did put a set of timbrens on it, cranked the t-bars a couple turns, and used between 400-600 lbs. of balast behind the rear axle. I didn't drive around much with the plow on, and only plowed my drive and occasionally a couple friends. The truck plowed great, and I was often able to out push a buddy with a 2500 w/7.5' Curtis.

I now have the same plow mounted on my 2500hd, and I will admit that this truck handles the plow much better, but I can't say it plows any better. As long as you go slow, don't beat on it, and pay attention to what you're doing, you'll be fine.