1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 1500 4x4 deisel

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by fordsup04, Jan 22, 2011.

1. fordsup04

fordsup04 Member

Yesterday I saw something i have never seen before.... I saw a 96 chevy 1500 4x4 Deisel had the 6.5. Had leather interior it apears to be all original.... has anyone else seen one.
    It even has on the inside gauges deisel fuel only. I would love to have one. these things must be really rare it only had 130 on the speedo. Infact it really hurt me when the guy told me what he paid for it.

2. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Yup, they made them for a few years. You could even get the diesel in a 2 door Blazer/Tahoe.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

also if its a 5 speed stick its the same tranny nv4500 as the 3/4 ton-1ton trucks. wesport

4. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

yeah i looked at a few when i was looking for a truck. one was a nice black ext. cab short bed with 6.5 TD, low miles, sat up nice, very nice truck

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

and thay come with 9.5" 14 bolt semi float 6 lug axle. not the 8.5 10 bolt. wesport

6. RobE

RobE Junior Member
    from RI

7. fordsup04

fordsup04 Member

I would love to own one i think it would be a great all around truck. will see after snow season maybe ill find one any ideas of gas mileage?

8. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I thought only GMC had the diesel in a half ton?

9. Squires

Squires Senior Member

Nope, my first truck was a 94 silverado with the 6.5, kind of wish i had kept it, however the years were getting to the body, it needed alot of work to make it nice again, but the milage was quite good, never noticed much/if any difference from empty to loaded down, it was no race truck mind you haha you had to think before you decided to pass sometimes, but all in all it was good, i would buy a good one onw even if i could find it

10. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Wow I learned something new today. I always thought GMC only had the 1/2 ton diesel. Back in '98 I tried to find one at the local Chevy/GMC dealer and they told me that you could only get it in GMC, maybe that was when they were being dicontinued. Now my question is did they offer it with snowplow prep?

11. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  12. fordsup04

fordsup04 Member

thats what i want to know did they offer snow plow prep? if so i am finding one.

13. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I'm just curious to know because up until 2011, you couldn't get plow prep on a 2500hd diesel with any of the two newer body styles. If they did allow plow prep on a 1/2 ton diesel back then, it would just prove that trucks were built heavier then than today.