1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 02 161k

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DAZ982500, Apr 3, 2007.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

I found a chevy 02 3/4 ton has 161k with some oil leaking under it.It looks like a seal, the dealer will check it out and fix it.They want 6500 without plow with Fisher 8' HD 8500.I need to find a truck in the next 2 weeks.The truck came with plow from Buffalo, n.y.dave
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Leaking oil, already had a plow on it, 161k on an 02 and it came from Buffalo?

Truck is lilely pretty spent. I'd keep looking, find one that never had a plow on it and buy one this fall.
  3. $6500/8500 sounds cheap at first...but then again...who used it before? Comercial business? Wheres it leaking from? You could be opening up an expensive can of worms! Hows the truck look overall? Well maintained? 160K on a private owner truck who racked up the mileage commuting to the jobsite not so bad as 160K of some yahoo plowing for "the man" racking up the mileage one driveway at a time...

I think you might be able spend a bit more for a lot more truck...
  4. Joshjeepcj7

Joshjeepcj7 Member

161k with a plow sounds like it was rode hard and put away wet if i were u i would try to find a truck off a old guy with out a plow i would never buy a truck with a plow already on it cause i no how i beat up mine

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I've got a 02 silverado reg cab forsale with a 8'2'' boss ploy vee. I am asking 16 with the plow. It has 65,000 miles on it and the tranny was just rebuilt. I dropped reveres out of it this winter plowing a driveway. The truck is loaded also. I can send you pics if you want. If you are interesed I can palitize the plow and put it in the back of the truck and pic you up from the airport. Lemme know. Also it is like some of the other guys said. "the truck was rode hard and put away wet."