1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chevrolet G30 plow?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dragr13, Apr 8, 2010.

1. dragr13

dragr13 Junior Member

Hi all! I'm thinking of buying an '85 g30 work van, and i'm wondering if there is a plow that i can get for it?
    She's got the 350 (4-bolt main) and a 3.73 rear, plus the th350 trans w/ an inter-cooler. She's got the power; is there a mount??
    Thanks!

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

mount

no body i am aware of make.s a van mount you would have to make it ! i saw one on a custom rig a guy had on a e350 van with the back cut off behind the seats ,it also had a aluminum flat bed on it also . :)

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Is it turbocharged?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Three words, no...and bad idea. :salute:

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Yeah probably wouldnt work to well, if at all. That thing with 2wd will suck at best and they dont have the ride height of a truck, which could cause it to get stuck easier. Although there is a guy around here with a newer 3500 van with the quigley 4x4 sfa conversion and he has a 8 foot meyer on it. But that thing sits higher than a super duty does and well the 4x4 is the only way.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

ford vans of certain years shared a front frame configuration with the pick-up and you could bolt a pick-up mount on it no problem. Of course it will still be a ford van and like all vans worthless in the snow.

So where in miami do you plan to push snow?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  7. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

lol ...............................

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The Miami kids are all about the blue oval. They wouldn't know a G30 from a V30

9. dragr13

dragr13 Junior Member

Thank you all for replies! I'm in DE, there's really not usually more than a couple of inches each time it snows, so i really think the van would do even though it is 2wd.
    still don't know what i'm going to do; i'll keep you posted!

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Gonna get stuck more than likely. :D