1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cheve 2500 4wd indicator not working

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by littleduck, Dec 23, 2006.

1. littleduck

littleduck Junior Member

I have a Chevy 2500 4x4 my 4wd works but the indicator light does not com on the bulb is good the fuse is good the solenoid on the drivers fender is in gaging the 2 wheel light is on it flicked on once fro a second can anyone help with a wiring sketch on some thing please :confused:
  2. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

if the light isnt on for the 4x4 the 4x4 isnt working, test the 4x4 for sure, make sure even though the driveshaft may spin the wheel hubs arent engaging....park against a high curb and see what happens, preferably on a rainy day, see if you spin em. if u dont hop the curb then you have a blown fuse or a bad actuator...

the 4x4 has a fuse controlling it, if it flicked for a second it might have blown
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What year is your 2500?
  4. littleduck

littleduck Junior Member

yes the weel is working

I Have checked the 4 weel drive and it is working all four wheel spin. The fuse is good in the fuse box the truck is a 1986 chevy 2500 with a ton runing gear i have been told. i did check the light bulb and it is ok
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Well, since you said this truck has had a drivetrain swap there could be a bunch of reasons why it's not working! But I'll take a stab at it. Ok,first did you check to see if the transfer case that was swapped into the truck even had a switch to operate a 4X4 light? Cause depending on what year it is and what it originally came out of,not all T-cases had a 4X4 switch on them. Do you know what model T-case it is?
  6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

man whats up with chevy 4x4 problems
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's snow season!! That's when everyone figure's out that their 4WD doesn't work! :nod:
  8. rgrimes945

rgrimes945 Senior Member

light working

I just looked out the window to see if mines working.. LOL I hope it's ok..

Ray Grimes
  9. littleduck

littleduck Junior Member

drive train

it has orninal drive train but the engine was changed so i had to find a starter end off an older car so it would work i kept breaking teeth of the flywheel the 4x4 light was working this summer the truck was not used for a while my daughter got married to the owner and they used her truck as it was better on gas they would like to get rid of the truck they do not need two 4x4

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

not trying to jack your thead....B&B...i am still working on mine, just havn't had the truck here to do it! i know what i need to look at now, but, i dont' think its much to really worry about! The blinking light annoys me more than anything!
  11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No problem mcw, I've been wondering of you ever got the chance to look into your indicator light some more and if you found anything wrong. Littleduck,what year is your truck?