1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chev Rockers

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mikelawtown, Aug 23, 2012.

1. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I need both my outer rockers replaced. I had them cleaned up twice in 14 months and they look awfull. I guess replacement is the way to go. Anyone have theirs done? Know of a place that did a good job? Im in Mass close to NH. Thanks
  2. plowsteve

plowsteve Junior Member

I've done plenty of them over the years... If you have a fairly well equipped garage, it's not that hard to D.I.Y. them. They also make "slip-ons" for most popular vehicles. Those are easier for the average handyman, as they attach w/ sheet metal screws or pop rivets--- no welding required & they'll last a few years.
  3. buttaluv

buttaluv Member

I have an 04 quad cab, haven't even plowed with it yet...I just sanded them down, put some rust inhibitor on them then put a Rustoleum primer and a Rustoleum Undercoating...we'll see how that goes, but i bet in a year they will look the same...