1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chev Dodge or Ford ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Emerald, Feb 24, 2004.

Chev Dodge Ford what do you drive

Poll closed Mar 5, 2004.
  1. Chev

47 vote(s)
  2. Dodge

28 vote(s)
  3. Ford

60 vote(s)
  1. Emerald

Emerald Junior Member

Looking for a new 1ton or bigger we have 7 Chevs and 1 Ford now 3/1500 2/2500 1/3500 1/C6500 1 F550 We love all . most are a little older 98-99 00 what's new and good out there How about Dodge I dont see them much out in the field. I'm looking @ Dodge becuse we service the local Dodge delearship owners home and it would be nice of us to give some business back to them . Let me Know what you drive give some pic thanks for help!

Joel :confused: :waving:
  2. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

NONE GMC !!!!

Chevys have ugly front ends
  3. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

I love chev, but dodge have amazing diesels (Cummins).
  4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

International and then you have a truck
  5. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Chevy and Dodge are good trucks, Ford's are just workhorses. :nod:

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

1993 Ford F150, next one will be an F250!:D

anthony tractor f150 2.jpg
  7. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

You just opened a can of worms!!!

F-250 baby and i love my hiniker. Glad to see I'm not the only one who uses them. Truly though get the truck you think will fill your criteria. All your really going to get from this thread is a bunch of bashing and yelling.

The fire suit is going to be back in style:nono: :yow!: :nod:
  8. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

I just outiftted my 2000 Ram 2500 Sport with a brand new Boss 8' HD blade. When I take some pics of the truck with the plow on it I'll put em' up.
    Personally, I think Dodge is like the Rodney Dangerfield of trucks, they get no respect for some reason. Well, I love mine. Why? Well, the Quad Cab interior is great and just comfortable to be in. I love the layout of the dash and controls and the huge adjustable cupholders are the BEST I've ever seen in ANY vehicle. The 360 engine runs strong, sounds like a MAN's TRUCK and I have had no problems with her. It also drives great and is arguably the TOUGHEST looking pickup on the road. Chevy's look like Toyota's next to me. Ford's are great trucks if you like the interior and the noisy tranny's, which I don't. If you had of told me 10 years ago I'd one day proudly own a Dodge truck I'd have laughed in your face, but they have come a LONG way baby.........MOPAR is back!
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2004
  9. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

Very chevy but I would look at a dodge

I love my 87 Chevy. It packs a 9'2" Boss poly V anywhere I need to go. I like the solid front axle. I guess that is why I would look at a dodge in the future also. It seems like I never here any complaints about how durable their front end is. I still really like my chevy though. I probably will never give it up. Project pickup (that sounds better than money pit to the wife!!!)
  10. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

Ford f 350 with manual everything Oh yea baby!!!!
  11. jo2fst4u

jo2fst4u Member

Ford! this thing is a beast not saying Chevy is not good but i plow with 2 others both Chevy. And they have broke down too many times this year and they both are newer then my old 97.

plow truck 021.jpg
  12. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i like ford's and dodges my self
  13. MSC

MSC Member

I have a Dodge and a GMC.
    Both are good trucks. What I have learned over the years is, it all comes down to what works for you.
    I have owned all three, some were good, some were bad.
    When a truck starts to give me trouble, I get rid of it.
    I don't have time to fix things so they can work the next day.
    I maintain them, service them.
    So when the time comes that it has to get towed to the shop, if it is something small, like a fuel pump, or a water pump, no problem, fix it.
    But if it is electrical problems, more than once.
    Transmission, engine, anything that will become a constant source of irritation, the truck gets fixed, and traded in on something else.
    Also, when you are fixing your truck, you are not working, looking at jobs, talking on the phone to customers.
    In the long run, it is better for me to keep updating.
    My grandfather had a saying. "Everything is junk, there are just different levels of junk."
    My thought is, when the parts bill gets to be half of what the payment will be for another one, get rid of it.
    Sorry to be so long winded on this one.
  14. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I think ford has the best lineup of trucks. I have liked my f150 and have not had any major problems with it. I have heard that dodges have alot of maintainace issues my friend has a ram and it seems to always be in the shop. I dont like the new body style on the rams it looks to rounded. I think i would get a 2001 or older ram with a cummins if i could:nod: I have not much experience with chevys but i think they sit too low for my liking. However i do like the looks of the new colorado. If you ask me ford makes the toughest trucks and seems to be the popular choice for HD trucks (250,350 and up)
  15. james731

james731 Member
    from ny

FORD superduty the only way to go, chevys dont last, dodge if you want a truck that looks like a toy their good dodge has a great motor but its surrounded by the worst truck, chevy and dodge are also quieting down their diesels dont you want a truck that sounds like it has a pair?
  16. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Just out of curiosity all of you who say Dodge is the worst truck

17. MSC

MSC Member

I own a Dodge, it has been relatively trouble free in the 3 years I have had it.
    Aside from routine maintenance, 1 set of ball joints, and a tourque converter, it has been one of the best running trucks I have owned.
    It is a diesel, the mechanical pump 12 valve.
    And yes it sounds like it has a pair, a very loud pair at that!
  18. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

Had fords they broke, Have Gmc's and I love them!!!
    Btw The maroon truck is an 88, no RUST

Last edited: Feb 25, 2004
  19. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

Had Chevy(87 & 99), Dodge (an 86 and 93 - both gas), Isuzu NPR (99) all have more flaws than benefits for the sole purpose and lasting durability of performing commercial snow plowing.

Let me know if you want to know the flaws??? I will list if needed.

Now ALL trucks are Ford.......... F-250, F-350's all with the 7.3 PSD. As long as Ford continues to improve and refine their new 6.0 Diesel I will continue to invest in Ford diesel trucks.

20. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I have Dodges and Fords. As far as plowing, my Fords hold plow better due to leaf springs out front. Dodge does good also, but traction bars and alignment needs to be done every so often. Though, Dodge's ride better than my fords and I do like the Cummins over my powerstrokes.