1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chev 305

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chev4life, Jun 1, 2003.

1. chev4life

chev4life Junior Member

how can i really beef up a chev 350 without hurting my wallet to much?

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

If it is the 68 Chevy in your profile, you can do a lot and not have to worry about emissions.

A cheap start would be a carb, manifold, and headers.
    I would go Edelbrock, Edelbrock, Hooker.
    Add a set of duals with cheapo mufflers and straight pipes out the back. Summit Racing has all of the above at decent prices.

www.summitracing.com

~Chuck

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

You could also beef up the igntion some,with an MSD (or similar multiple spark discharge) box,and putting an advance curve kit in the distributor.The ability to run more initial timing and tune the rest of the advance can really wake a motor up.The MSD is nice too as it helps even more as you start adding more stuuf and making more HP.

Simple little things,like an open element air cleaner,a good tune up,blocking off the exhaust crossover in the intake,and removing the heat riser valve (it's probably siezed anyways),will help some too,and don't cost much to do.