1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cherry Blossoms are out!!!!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by MSS Mow, Jan 2, 2007.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I saw today during President Ford's funeral procession that the cherry blossoms are out in DC already!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Only 4 months early. :cry:

2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Supposed to be...

I guess it is going to be in the mid 40's and raining here this weekend....Looks like an excavator would be a good purchase,can dig year round now....

3. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

:cry: :cry: thats it im done im going to get the mowers ready

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Amazing! I just looked at the forecast. In the 40s (F) next week. Not below freezing at night toward the end of the week and 50 on Saturday, Jan 6th.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah, I'm really wondering what's going to happen. We've had daylilies and hostas coming out of dormancy, honeysuckle and hydrangeas starting to bud out, I've even seen forsythias blooming.

The plants are just as screwed up as us plowers are by this weather.

6. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

:salute: Time to start those spring clean-ups felas allready.:eek:

7. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

What happens......

What happens if the stuff buds then we get winter??? Will it rebound in the spring?

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Well boys, I threw the towel in today. Took off and put away all the plow stuff. Did a few small dormant pruning jobs and started to get stuff back in shape. There is no snow here in the forecast for the next 15 days on accuweather. Im getting ready for spring baby!!!!!:D payup

9. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Small animals think Its spring...and there going to be having babies In the mid of the winter...and may die...not a good thing
    I will say one thing ...we have had the normal amount of precipitation for this time of year...I know Its got to get colder, thats the problem that we all are having...It will be the dread of the winter around Feb 1st...If we have no snow by then ... I will really be scratching my head.
    Snow will be here Guys...We will get hammered just wait.:drinkup:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Hard to say, depends on how far along it is. Might not have flowers next year, but the plant will survive and foliage only. Most will not die. Probably.

11. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

We just moved 6460 pounds of tree debris from a customers property today. That is 3.23 tons of tree crap. They had a couple stacks of wood from trees that were cut down sitting there all wet. I am one sore pup right now. I even got a sunburn on my face. :confused:

12. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

IM mowing my yard tommm just to say I did on jan 3rd.. this weather is unreal.. ive been talking to my local equipment rental shop.. he is telling me everything such as chipers and field mowers is gone.. local crews trying to keep guys busy!!

13. sawbones25

sawbones25 Member

Doesn't surprise me about the Cherry blossoms. The weatherman down here even said today that this Jet Stream/Weather Pattern is how it should be in March or April...

14. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Spring Her'e.

Japanese cherrys in full bloom her'e in southeast massachusetts yesterday!!