1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cherokee western mount

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by LADDER286, Dec 11, 2006.

1. LADDER286

LADDER286 Junior Member

I currently have a 92 Cherokee xj with a western uni-mount.. I have a line on a 98 Cherokee xj. I need to know if the mounts are the same??? western website shows the plow manual 1984-present is this 1984-1996 or 1984-2001???? this could be a deal maker.... thanks guys rock on and pray for snow

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

They should be the same, the Snoway part #'s are the same for the two years so theoretically the Westerns should interchange also.

3. jonzer12

jonzer12 Member
    from Canada

Unibody structure and front subframe are identical on all XJ's. I wouldn't worry about it.

4. jonzer12

jonzer12 Member
    from Canada

Actually I shoudl have specified 87-2001 XJ's.

5. LADDER286

LADDER286 Junior Member

Western Uni-Mount On Cherokee

I looked on Sno-Way web site and saw it was the same frame. It should work, this is good news now I can update my dated cherokee. The only way I will plow is with a cherokee .... Thanks guys as always I found my answers