1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cherokee Owners - Who's Using Front Air Shocks/Bags?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by MLG, Nov 6, 2010.

1. MLG

MLG Senior Member
    from WI

What are you Cherokee owners using for your front suspension? I picked up an 87 Cherokee with Meyer 7ft steel plow last weekend. Front springs are broken, I ordered some heavier duty front springs. This plow seems very heavy for this Jeep, more so than the Western (about the same weight) seems to be that I have on my small Toyota Tk. I am considering installing air shocks in the front. I plan to plow my driveway (1/4 mile long) and another house about 3 miles away, that's it. This isn't a daily driver.

What are you doing? What are your thoughts?

MLG

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  2. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

I have air bags in the front coils and air shocks in the rear. See my sig.

Fran

3. whitelite

whitelite Member

I've got heavy duty Old Man Emu coils on the front (2-3" lift) and Heavy duty Old man Emu leafs on the back.
    The front squats down somewhat (6 1/2' Meyer) when I lift the plow up, but not bad. Have been thinking about air bags up front. Rear Springs are great.

4. snow problem

snow problem Senior Member

I have air bags in the front 4oo lbs in the back and four studded snow tires, best driveway rig I have ever had.

5. MLG

MLG Senior Member
    from WI

How do the air bags differ compared to the the air shocks? Why would one choose one system over another? I've got to replace the shocks on my rig anyway that's what makes me consider them. Thanks,

MLG

6. JEEP12

JEEP12 Junior Member

I use air bags in the front springs and 300# ballast in the back. If your going to replace the coil springs then I would suggest installing the air bags.

7. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

air shocks front and rear. never really have issues.