1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cherokee mount help?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by cjshloman, Dec 4, 2007.

1. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

Ok, so I have a sweet deal to get a free cherokee, runs good, no major issues, and Im jeep savvy, so I want it. I want it to plow my and my neighbors driveway. Not even going to register prob. My question is, what mount is needed to hooko it up with a plow. Ive given up on finding the whole assembly, and new...too much $$$. Can anyone tell me part numbers from kits, and post some pics of the mounts. Once I can find a mount or make one Ill take this jeep. Even if you know what other mount will work...like one for a truck or something easily fabbed. I hate to let this go. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im in Andover, CT too if any one is close and I could check it out, Or email me.Thanks, Jon

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

What year is the Cherokee???

What type of plow are you looking to install on it??

3. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

It is an '89, and Ill go with a 6.5' of anykind really....just want to get a mount worked out first. But up for any option.

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Snoway #'s 99100345 and 96103002, you'll need both for a Snoway.

Western Unimount #61890

Meyer EZ Mount #18062

Blizzard #B32157

Those are the XJ specific mounts and obviously the correct brand plow will mount easier but any could fit.

5. Cherokee

Cherokee Member

mounts not found

When I called local Snoway - Western and Meyers dealers - they all told me that mounts for the Cherokee were discontinued. I did call Snoway headquarters who told me they were minting 15 new mounts for Cherokee - and that was it - I managed to get one of those mounts and will have a Snoway mounted on my Jeep Cherokee next week.

Sno-Way International Headquarters
    120 North Grand Avenue
    Hartford, WI 53027
    Phone: 262-673-7200
    Fax: 262-673-7409

6. Brandon

Brandon Member

Look on your local Craigslist page, check the papers, ebay, etc....see what kind of mount you can come up with. Sometimes you can get them on the cheap.

7. mbg75

mbg75 Junior Member

Like brandon said, check craigslist. If your looking for cheap, there were a 2 snow bear personal plow's in CT. i was eyeing. They were looking to get around $500.

I ended up getting a SnowSport for my driveway for $300.