1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cherokee / Grand Difference?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Rockdaddy, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Rockdaddy

Rockdaddy Junior Member

I’m looking at a 6.5 Meyers to mount on my 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While looking at the Meyers website application it lists Cherokee but NOT Grand Cherokee. What is the difference between a Cherokee & Grand? I know that ball joints, tie rods and other suspension parts are the same. Other then the Cherokee has leaf springs in the rear and the Grand having coils. I plan on installing a small lift on my Grand to help with the weight of the plow. Will the Cherokee set up mount up on the Grand?
  2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

The grand and the Cherokee share F axles and engine. even the engine has different mounting holes for accessories. Some of the grands had different ball joins, brakes and they have different frames, r axles, transfer cases.....
  3. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

The cherokee and the grand cherokee are completely different animals. They do share the same 4.0L motors, similar suspensions, and drivetrain. But the uni-bodies are completely different... so the answer to your question is no it will not bolt on.
  4. cherokeeman

cherokeeman Member

if you do put anykind of plow on it watchout for the tranny if you have a 4 litre inline six im sure it will plow awsome but you have to keep an eye on it my wifes 98 grand cherokee tranny is pretty weak and i dont plow with it maby add a tranny cooler if you do get a plow yhat fits i seen some custom plows on the grand cherokees they looked pretty nice well good luck nomatter what you decide cherokeeman