1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cherokee front lift for plow

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by cjw, Oct 16, 2015.

1. cjw

cjw Junior Member

grand Cherokee front springs are the same as Cherokee springs in all measurements but have 2 more coils and about 200 lbs. Per side rating check it out at Napa also shocks are same size

2. MLG

MLG Senior Member
    from WI

That's good to know.

When I replaced the springs for my 87 Cherokee, Napa had 'heavy duty' front springs which I went with. That was several years ago and they work great for my plow. I don't remember how much more weight per spring it was, but there do appear to be more coils on the top end ...who knows, maybe they are G/C springs. I was surprised that in just normal driving w/o the plow on, it didn't seem to make the ride much, if any, stiffer. I also run air shocks in the front as well (using Meyer 'Classic' 7' plow) but don't need to add a whole lot of air. The worst part about the air shocks is, while they DO allow more weight carrying and level the load, they don't dampen very well even w/o the plow on. Sometimes I wonder if I'd be better off with heavy duty shocks sans air shocks for better dampening.

3. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I used the Grand Cherokee springs in my 01 Cherokee with the "Police" shocks and Timbrens. The front end dropped 3" with the original springs. It drops 1/2" with the new springs. The ride is firmer but not bad. The Chrysler P/N's for the 96 Cherokee springs are the same for the 97-01 Cherokee. I don't think Moog has a listing for the 97-01 but have a listing for the 96.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  4. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

The front is 2" higher with the new springs.