1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cheech and Chong Equipment

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 2005Chev, Jan 27, 2010.

1. 2005Chev

2005Chev Member

Just curious if anyone else has run across these Cheng Gong loaders. Apparently there made in China and shipped over in parts and assembled here. Theres a landscaping company around here that has a few and I got the unfortunate chance of running one last winter. Anyways jsut curious if they are just getting used locally or if you guys have seen them around.

plowing 1 resized.jpg

2. CaptainSmokey

CaptainSmokey Senior Member

cheech and chong hun... guess they have a bong installed in there

3. 2005Chev

2005Chev Member

haha there cheng gong but it got refered to cheech and chong because it never worked right.. I was just going through some pics from last winter and came across that one when I stopped at home on the way by for a quick snack. I just checked out their website and I guess the make rollers, graders, loaders and some other stuff. The modeled after a cat, but nothing like a cat

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Color is pretty damn close to a CAT.

5. 2005Chev

2005Chev Member

Some of them even have cat engines. I think that one had cummins or something, but i was doing parking lots with another one that had a cat power plant in it. The only good thing about this one is the radio worked, the heat came and went.. long 36 hours in that.

6. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

Supporting china! :nono: ussmileyflag

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Who cares,China already owns the US for the next lifetime...

8. 2005Chev

2005Chev Member

Im not supporting them.. I didn't buy, I just ran it. IMO its junk.. not worth the scrap metal money you would get for it

9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Cheech and Chong-thats funny.
    Changlin-Cheech's cousin has made a presence around here-Cheech and Chong havent showed yet.

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I demoed a Changlin, apparently they are old Komatsu technology. We didn't like it at all.

11. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

I had the chance to run one...I didn't care for it. The only thing I could see I liked was the automatic greasing deal. I'm sure it was just and option on it, but I liked the idea. Another company was trying it out and had it in our pit. Needless to say that company didn't buy it. We called it a 'Long Dong'.

12. 2005Chev

2005Chev Member

Ya there useless. We put some lincoln auto greasers on some trucks and loaders and there great.. no reason to buy one of those pieces of junk. I still haven't come across anyone buying these and liking them except for the landscape company around here. I think theres a reason for it. I found it had no power and was slow traveling

13. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Ya and that is sad. The U S is setting itself up for grief by supporting them. Somehow the U S has ta fight all the wars and be the planet policeman. Whats China doing against the Taliban , not much that I know of. Hope you guys got a top secret weapon ready , just in case, cuz there coming.ussmileyflagtymusic:gunsfiring:

14. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

From that picture..It looks like a CAT

15. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

The chinese do not originate, they duplicate. And duplicate cheaply.

16. JJSLandscape

JJSLandscape Member

exactly mike, you might see that loader on the side of canal street for sale with a cheaply printed CAT decal slapped over the name ussmileyflag

17. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

man if i could get that for 25,000$ new i wouldnt care.

What do they run?$$

18. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

people like you are the reason for why this country is in the shytter.

19. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

20. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Got enough to go around? lol